Friday, October 05, 2007

Don't fence me out



After the Nursery was thoroughly cleaned, bleached, and dried I opened the door but set up a little fence to keep the cats from casually walking through the area. Was I surprised to look over a couple nights later and see Cricket sitting behind the fence. It wasn't at all askew, and as I was wondering how she got in, "hop," out she comes again. A few minutes later she hopped back in, then sat looking at me with her "I'll go wherever I want to, so there" face, long enough for me to show you my annoying little acrobat getting her own way.



Funny, she hasn't done it since.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still totally and completely floored by the post before this one! I still can't take it all in!

I had a little Jack Russell once who could pop over fences astonishingly high and I think I inadvertantly trained her by putting barriers at the kitchen door to prevent her going into the house when she was muddy. The barriers got higher as she learned to jump them!

Omnibabe said...

That's hilarious. I've had some Devon Rex who could jump from the floor to the top of the fridge in a single vertical leap. Amazing critters, aren't they?

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Boing! Boing! Boing!

Anonymous said...

I like how the only prep is the tail-swishing.

gottagopractice said...

My Alexander Technique teacher is constantly admonishing me to watch how my cats move - no excess preparation, they just follow their heads and go. Such grace.