Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Soft cello case storage

I have a soft cello case that I use on occasion when I need to transport my cello but have weight or size issues that preclude using my usual hard case. As much as possible, though, I avoid using it in winter, because it offers very little thermal protection. I don't have a great option for storing it when it's not in use, so I am sorry to say that since last winter it has laid in a balled-up heap on my basement floor.

It occurred to me that there was a better option to using it as a litterbox-challenged cat attractant - I could hang it up in a closet. Amazing really, how long it takes me to come up with these brilliantly obvious ideas.



I never do anything here without the aid of my able assistants.



Yes, everything must be carefully inspected to meet exacting technical specifications.



The hanger is secured in the wide bottom of the case by closing the opposing zippers, meant to accommodate the endpin.



And voila, a storage solution that will foil all but the most determined cat.

3 comments:

A. Hiscock said...

Good grief -- why haven't I ever thought of that?

*sheepishly goes to hang up the soft case*

Thanks for sharing the tip!

gottagopractice said...

I know - I was asking myself the same thing!

Marilee Rockley said...

Brilliant!
Have to admit I really needed the photos to be able to follow this concept...sigh. No wonder I feel challenged at the cello, when I need a tutorial just to figure out how to hang up a case, LOL.
Cute photos!