Friday, November 16, 2007

Chicken Soup


I spent most of last weekend in bed with fever (quickly suppressed), chills, and non-specific malaise. Never developed into anything, I just felt yucky. Didn't practice or exercise, but did manage to keep posting AND made myself a lovely pot of chicken soup.

Tuesday night I had a dinner reservation right after that disastrous performance (probably a good thing), a nice 5-course affair with a tasting of some Alsatian wines from the Zinck vineyard.

My pleasure was a bit tempered by being seated next to a very nice older gentleman with a very nasty-sounding upper respiratory infection, probably compliments of recent plane travel.

You guessed it. Sore throat came on last night. People, please keep your germs at home.

Good thing I still have chicken soup left over.

2 comments:

Beth K. Vogt said...

People. Germs.
Reminds me of when Rob was on his peds rotation during med school... long, long ago. Everything he saw, he brought home to me and the kiddos.
I threatened to hose him down each night before he walked through the door.
:O)

Anonymous said...

Get better soon!