Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm dreaming...

of a White Easter? Well, I wasn't until I woke up this morning to two more inches of snow.







I looked back through my photo catalog, and the last time we saw green grass was December 1st.



It finally warmed up this week, and we had about a 40% melt in the snow cover. Then our hopes that Spring was about to arrive were dashed overnight with two more (so far) inches of snow.


I heard the statistic on the radio this week that we have had over 100 days with snow on the ground this season, compared to an average of 94 days.

Fortunately, I have wise teachers in the house demonstrating the best thing to do when it keeps snowing - find a buddy and cuddle!






Cricket and Sharae

Seri and John

4 comments:

Dma said...

yeah I wasn't too pleased with the view out my window this morning...

Mr L said...

Close the schools!

Melissa said...

Well, I do sympathize (says she who wore capri pants and sandals today).

If it makes you feel any better, we get about 100 days of 95+ (and about 40 of those will be 100+), which should start any day now...

At least the cats are comfy!

Marilee Rockley said...

We had a white Easter in my part of the country, too. Some of the snow has melted in the last few days, though, and I can see crocus leaves starting to shoot up. Spring will come yet!