Thursday, November 23, 2006

Bow bugs

Yuck. I opened my bow case and was confronted with streaming strands of bow hair. No wait, that's not true. I had left the bow case open in the hopes of avoiding this. I guess it was dark enough and the bows were enough undisturbed that the bow bugs set up shop anyway. As I understand it, bow bugs are small mites with a taste for horse hair. What I don't understand is why they go for the ends of the hairs, where they are anchored in the frog and the tip of the bow, rather than setting up shop in the middle. Whatever the reason, I won't be doing any playing with these bows until they are rehaired. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well phooey! How long did it take for the damage to occur?

gottagopractice said...

Not all that long. I had them out playing and left them sitting in the open case 2 months ago.