Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Dip

I forgot to mention that John had his first bath the other night. Since dedicating my favorite soaking tub to the kitten nursery, I have been using the tub in the guest bathroom on the rare occasion that I wanted a bath rather than a shower. The guest bathroom tub has a step outside of it that forms the ideal platform for any cats who would like to keep me company. So I brought the wireless TV into the bathroom and Cricket, John, and I were hanging out (them), soaking (me), and watching (us).

One less desirable aspect of the guest bathtub, from the feline perspective, is that the lip around the back of the tub is fairly narrow. I guess I wasn't paying attention when John got bored and tried to walk around behind me, because I was sure surprised to hear a splash and subsequently feel a sudden pain in an otherwise unspecified dorsal aspect of my corpus as he vigorously pushed off out of the tub. Fortunately, I didn't need to wash out the wound. I did help to dry the cat. That's a lot of water to try to lick off.

It occurs to me that my biorhythms must be at a nadir this week. URI, barotrauma to both ears, scalp and posterior person lacerations. What next?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! Kellie has also had the odd "accidental" bath. She loves to walk around the tub edge occasionally dipping in a paw, but sometimes she slips and her hind quarters get a bath : )