Thursday, February 22, 2007

We're baaack

Look who's coming back to my house. Spay and neuters went fine yesterday. Little Charlie had a bigger operation than they expected, when he was discovered to have "inguinal cryptorchidism", otherwise known as an undescended testicle. So he and Eden both got little belly incisions. The plan was that they were to go back to their original foster home after surgery, which they did.

But... there are two pregnant mommas-to-be looking for foster homes, so it seemed like a better plan was to have these littles come back to me, which would open space at D-'s house for one of the mommas. Eli and Eathan will stay there overnight, because they are already scheduled to go to their permanent home tomorrow (yay!). Charlie and Eden will stay with me until either (1) they're adopted, or (2) their foster organization wants them to move elsewhere. This rescue group works a little differently than the shelter I usually foster for.

I'm happy with that plan. It's so quiet around here without kittens. These two mommas may be a harbinger of things to come in a month or so, but right now we are blessed with a lull in kitten production. I'm off to lesson and orchestra rehearsal now, and will pick the babies up on my way home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are beautiful kittens. I really like the two smudges on the ones head.....adorable!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

I just love those sweet babies. You are such a good foster mom!

Glad the cello situation has been resolved!