Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Twinkie and Inkie

There's more than one way to get a belly shot. The easiest, and hardest, one is the roll-over-and-stretch pose. Easy because cats do it all the time, hard because it lasts only seconds and you have to have camera in hand at the right moment. If you have the kind of slothful feline that sleeps belly-up, I suppose that would be even easier, but I don't have one of those.

Kittens can be induced to relax belly-up in the lap, and I've posted a few of those. No kittens in the house today, so I went spelunking in my archives to choose this photo for Tummy Tuesday - an action shot. It helps to have one person on the toy and the other on the camera, and you see that while the belly is easy the face may not cooperate.

That is Twinkie on the left, and Inkie in full upright belly. (And either Winkie or Binkie is doing a chin-up under the bench. I hadn't noticed that before, and there's not quite enough gray showing for me to tell.) They were two of the litter of 4 + mom that D- fostered a few months ago. We called them the Elves because of their oversized ears, which were particularly noteable when they were very small.

This is also a Happy Tale. Twinkie and Inkie became Max and Gus when they found a home together a few months after this photo. Here's one from just before they left foster care, a couple of teens who still liked to play with toys.


It's Tummy Tuesday. To see more of the (feline) sunny-side-up variety, visit LisaViolet.

3 comments:

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Those little tummies are so cute!
Love the happy ending that Twinkie and Inkie had!
Or .. I should say Max and Gus :)

Unknown said...

I love the kittens names. I'm so glad that Twinkie and Inkie were able to have a forever home together!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Foster mom D shared this story with me; thanks for posting our kitties on your blog. Max and Gus have grown into the most beautiful cats I've ever seen, and we are so very happy to live with them! I've posted some recent photos of them at:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0UbNGjZk0YuQA

Warm regards,
Jill & Jeff