Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Just-in-time practicing

I hate when it comes to this.

I like my practices to be somewhat leisurely. Plenty of time to play scales and etudes without pressure, work on difficult parts of the pieces I am learning for orchestra or piano trio, play through pieces as I learn them better. In fact, I have been known to brag to my teachers that I never practice "for a lesson." I just practice. And am therefore always prepared.

Not this week. I spent the weekend helping Guanaco build an on-line home for cello bloggers. It's like an addiction. If the computer won't do what I want it to do, I must make it comply. Comply. Comply. Comply, darn you.

So, having shorted my practice time over the weekend, this week I am cramming for piano trio tonight, tomorrow for church orchestra rehearsal, and Thursday for orchestra rehearsal and, sorry to say, cello lesson.

Did I mention that we have a concert on Friday?

1 comment:

Guanaco said...

The bloggers' site is really looking good, thanks to your work. You're too modest, actually I've been the "helper" on this project.

If anybody is interested, the site is almost ready for prime-time; soon we'll be sending out formal invites to the entire cello blogging list.

BTW, I found another cello-blogger today.