Thursday, March 29, 2007

Lesson Addendum

I almost forgot. We also discussed my frustration with the tendency of my thumb to dive in between the frog and the bow as I play. In addition to discussing the direction of the bow and possible reasons for this, T- demonstrated how the thumb should bend in response to the bending and extending of the fingers, which in turn flex and extend in response to the bow changing directions on the string. I made a quick movie of me demonstrating his demonstration, because it's a lot easier to show it than tell it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. You posted on my blog about a cat with possible giardia. Don't know if you know but I'm a cellist too. 18 years of playing, not having time to take it seriously, so I just play for fun and teach little kids the basics.