Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Two things

Once you break a habit it's easy to keep it broken. I think that's the third law of thermodynamics, or something. It has been over three days since I posted, the longest break since I started blogging about six months ago. I guess I needed a vacation.

The best stimulus to practicing is being told you aren't allowed to practice. Since the Occupational Therapist gave me my practice schedule of 5 minutes twice a day I have practiced two hours a day. I started out being very good about bowing only 5 minutes of each hour, but yesterday and today did some "no tension" bowing in addition. The funny thing is, when I concentrate on not using much bow and no pressure at all my sound gets better and better. I think there's a good chance that I will have improved my bowing mechanics in addition to having cleared up my tennis elbow in a few weeks.

Excellent.

No comments: