Friday, June 29, 2007

Summer program

Looks like I'll be able to practice some orchestra music this week, after all.

I got an e-mail today from our volunteer not-exactly-librarian-but-guy-who-takes-responsibility-for-filling-folders, listing the complete program for our concerts in two plus weeks:


Custer A Salute to the Big Apple
Lerner Camelot
Bizet Carmen Suite No. 2
Webber Evita
Mendelssohn Fingal's Cave
Rodgers King and I
Grieg Peer Gynt Suite No. 1
Webber Phantom of the Opera
Brahms Serenade No. 1
Vivaldi Summer
Rodgers Victory at Sea


Yikes, that's a lot of music. But good news for my possibility of future competence: I invested in several volumes of The Orchestra Musician's CD-ROM Library of cello parts a few months ago, and it looks like I have parts there for Brahms, Mendelssohn, Bizet, and Grieg. (Oooh - they're on sale at Shar this week. Maybe I'll grab the other volumes.)

Wow, what a great resource. I'd better get to work.

No comments: