Saturday, October 14, 2006

Gp 2 Day 7

No doubt about it. These two have a bad upper respiratory infection. I was worried about Buster last night. He wouldn't eat, was totally out of gas, and kept falling asleep, snoring through his open mouth, his snotty little nose pointed straight up in the air. Both kittens felt warmer than usual, so temps were taken. Fortunately, D was visiting, as I have not mastered the art of holding a thermometer still in a wiggling little kitten butt for 10 seconds by myself. The assistance was appreciated, at least by me. And good news, temps were between 101 and 102, which is normal for kittens. I decided to break out a can of kitten replacement milk (formula), and was gratified when Buster took several long drinks.

Today looks like more of same. Lots of nasal secretions and mouth breathing, but energy and skin turgor is decent and Buster is still drinking formula. Took the kittens into the bathroom during showers for a steam treatment. I don't know if that helped, but it made me feel better. We did have some play time this morning, where parenthetically Buster learned that a flippy cat tail may look like a toy, but it's not if the other end is growling.

No comments: