Monday, October 09, 2006

Li'l Buddy

This morning I woke up about 5am, when John climbed up on the bed for a snuggle. Now, this by itself is not unusual. He often wants a hug while DH is getting ready for work, I think partly to fill the time while he is waiting for breakfast. But this morning he came back to the bedroom a second time, quite insistent, and walked out making his "where's Mom?" sound. I know that sound, first heard almost a year ago in the middles of the first nights after he came to live with me. He kept it up until I joined him at the scratching post, a favorite play area for both bigs and littles the past two weeks. Cricket joined us there for a game of chase-the-mouse-on-the-string. Do they miss the kittens?

I finally caught a good clip of John grooming Tempest on our last night together, during Couch Potato time. Tempest was the only kitten he wrestled with and groomed. See what you think.

No comments: